I usually enjoy writing wrap-up posts because they feel a little cathartic or sometimes I realize some things I hadn’t before… but March was a bit overwhelming for me, to say the least, so this is a shorter or slightly different update than what I usually do.
With that being said, I actually read a lot of good books in March so at least there was that!!
- The Fine Print – Lauren Asher ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Hook, Line and Sinker – Tessa Bailey ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- House of Sky and Breath – Sarah J. Maas ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Squid Game – Park Minjoon ⭐⭐
- From Lukov with Love – Mariana Zapata ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- Aru Shah and the City of Gold – Roshani Chokshi ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Without Merit – Colleen Hoover ⭐⭐⭐
- Ugly Love – Colleen Hoover ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Soul Eater – Lily Mayne ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- Blood Bonds – J. Bree (reread)
- Forced Bonds – J. Bree ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- DNF: How We Fall Apart – Katie Zhao
- A Shadow in the Ember by Jennifer L. Armentrout ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
the highlights of the month:
I LOVED The Fine Print, Hook Line and Sinker, and HOSAB – and they’ve all joined my 2022 favorites list. From Lukov with Love might as well, I’m still pondering, but it’s definitely in my top 3 MZ books and worth all the hype.
I finally started reading CoHo and I’m not too impressed. The hype is strong with this one. Without Merit was just enjoyable, and though I really liked Ugly Love, it had some unbelievably unrealistic moments and a lack of character development for the FMC I didn’t appreciate. I’m definitely going in with more realistic expectations for the next one.
I’m also back in the fantasy romance mood at last, and I started a whole new series (no one is surprised, I’m always doing that) with Soul Eater, and picked up two of my favorite series again!
The Squid Game guidebook and How We Fall Apart (DNF) were my least favorites. The former just felt very unnecessary to me – as someone who paid attention to the series when I was watching, and with the latter, I just didn’t like it at all.
this month on the blog:
As you can see I didn’t post much this month and I’m expecting this inactivity will continue in April as I already know it will be a hectic month for me. Only one full review here, but I posted a few mini-reviews on my bookstagram and on goodreads too.